Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beauty Is Deep

Today I read a quote that hit me. "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have known an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people don't just happen."

Isn't there truth behind that? Aren't beautiful people those who have endured tragedy and have overcome life's most  unyielding trials?  I think so.  My hero's are those who have done the impossible.  Who have faced their tribulation with an uncompromising faith. And more than doing the impossible, finding joy in it.  Joseph B. Worthlin once said, "Come what may, and love it."  I've watched as my 23 year old Relief Society President fights stage 4 breast cancer.  I've observed my uncle go through a rough marriage.  My Grandma grew up with a miserable step father who had no mercy, and she now is one of the most gracious and amazing women I know.  All these people have something in common.  They know where the true source of peace comes from.  Our Lord Jesus Christ.  Sometimes he seems to be blurry.  His image unclear in the darkness.  But his light is an unwavering witness that goodness will prevail.

He shapes us and molds us into the people he wants us to be.  And not only who he wants us to be, but who we are supposed to be.  Who we truly want to be in the end.  Children of our Heavenly Father.  With a priceless worth. Marianne Williamson said, "We were born to make manifest the glory of God that's within us." It's in us all.  We all strive for beauty.  We seek it in every way.  But I think being a child of God is beauty in itself.

3 comments:

  1. Sierra! This is Tessa. I'm so glad you have a blog! That's awesome! I love this post. I think you are one of those beautiful people just like those people you talked about in this blog. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start to a journal of your thoughts. I agree with Tessa: You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a BEAUTIFUL girl my sis! I love you!

    ReplyDelete